An outlet to release my thoughts about life and Cystic Fibrosis....this is my Journey.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Rooted, Strong, and Growing

"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine." ~Buddha

I have become very open minded over the years when it comes to my health while trying to combat Cystic Fibrosis. I tend to mix a little of Western medicine, Eastern medicine, and holistic treatments to my daily health regimen in hopes for the best health outcome possible.

During my yoga practice, I've learned about Chakras being centers of energy which are located on the midline of the body. Within the body exist a series of minor and major energy centers called chakras. The word chakra is Sanskrit for "wheel" or "disk". Each of the seven major chakras has its own distinct character and relates to a unique aspect of our being. The chakras correlate to levels of consciousness, body functions, colors, elements, sounds, and much more. The blockage or energetic dysfunction in the chakras is believed to give rise to physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual disorders. During my yoga practice, I try to align my chakras and balance my body through different yoga poses.

While this may sound a little outside of the box, I'm willing to try anything to improve my health and strengthen my lungs in order to help me breathe easier. With the knowledge of chakra colors on the brain this morning, I picked out a bright red shirt to wear at my doctors appointment. Red symbolizes the Root Chaka. I knew I wanted to be grounded while being present in the here and now. I wanted to feel confident when doing my lung function test, to know  that I had the ability to succeed. I was hoping that the red would boost my energy center which, in turn, would help me have better lung function results.



I love my lungs and was thankful for my 55% FEV1 lung function results today. I am aware that normal is 100%, but I am grateful that my lungs are still working and are still remaining unstoppable. At my last doctor's appointment, I was at 52% FEV1 lung function and I was elated to hear that my lung function had improved since my last visit. I believe that yoga, pole fitness, and weight training each day is paying off!

I choose to be unstoppable. I am bigger than my concerns and worries. The strength of others inspires me daily. I will continue to focus on my goals because I believe I am capable of much more! As I continue to breathe, I continue to hope.



 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment